Is This Progress? This Is Progress.

What Is Kaputall?

Oxford defines Kaput as "broken and useless; no longer working or effective" - similar to our unbalanced economic system. This is a page dedicated to the intersection of capitalism and social, political, and environmental problems.

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Chronicles of Sarnia - Pt. 3

Today I woke up and stayed in Kitchener. I didn't drive back to Sarnia in the darkness to start another week. While it will take some getting used to, beyond the unemployment, it's a bittersweet situation.

I've been waiting for what seems like forever to be back home, and it is now here. Along with all that anticipation is the heaviness of the numerous goodbyes of the past few days. Sarnia, more than likely any other place I've lived, has become a significant part of me. I don't think I could have ever predicted it, to be honest.

Amidst the feelings of excitement to leave, I found myself hoping that my last week in Sarnia would last longer. I wanted to relish my favourite places, walking the ice-covered beaches, getting a drink at Sideways, or playing Ingress in the quaint downtown.

Being in Sarnia again, under circumstances rather different from 2014, taught me a great deal about myself. This time I was alone a lot more that I've been in my life, much to my chagrin and delight. I made the best of the situation and I feel a certain degree of pride for having stuck through with one of the more difficult tasks of my life. All the while, I made an intelligent career move that I truly hope will pay off. I've gained perspective, and that's more than I can ever ask for, I suppose.

Today I am staring at a new page. However, I am not rudderless; I am merely entering new coordinates and looking therefore at a different horizon. I'm looking forward to the next adventure.

Chronicles of Sarnia Pt. 1 and Chronicles of Sarnia Pt. 2

No comments:

Post a Comment